Those savvy Web surfers the Friday Linx are back to bring you some of their favorite stories of the last week or so.
- AccuJazz.com rolled out a new channel focused on the Chicago jazz scene.
- AvantMusicNews.com fulfilled a promise to donate three months of advertising revenue to David S. Ware’s recovery fund.
- Guitarist Evan O’Reilly recounted the Taylor Ho Bynum Sextet’s recent European tour.
- The Wire published the unedited transcript of Byron Coley’s interview with Ran Blake on its Web site.
- Founding Editor, and American Music Center Composer Advocate, Frank J. Oteri interviewed Gunther Schuller for NewMusicBox.
- Phil Freeman released a compilation of his articles called Sound Levels: Profiles in American Music, 2002-2009 that includes interviews with Ornette Coleman, Bill Dixon, Noah Howard, Tom Waits and many others.
- Delmark Records and Jazz Record Mart founder Bob Koester was featured in the New York Times.
- Steve Swallow shared formative stories, such as seeing The Beatles at Shea Stadium, in the Boston Phoenix.